DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No need for any in depth explanation of the frustration behind this post; however, I would like to vent.  Here goes.  WHY WON'T STUDENTS DO THEIR HOMEWORK!?  About 2 weeks ago, my class and I had a "come to Jesus" speech about the importance of doing homework on time.  I expressed my disappointment in their lack of effort and their neglect of their work, yet they continue to ignore my pleas.  I have passed out progress reports with the low (or missing) homework grades highlighted in electric pink and green, but alas, my wire basket still only contains 40% of my students' work.  I have students who could be making A's if they would just turn in their homework, yet they don't.  I just don't know what incentive to use to motivate them to turn their work in.  They will even admit that I told them about the work, that it was their fault they didn't do it, or even that they are just lazy, but that doesn't put the homework in my basket.

So, what now?  I am open to all suggestions.  I already take 50% off for homework turned in at any point after I ask for it.  Which makes me and my green pen sad to do.  Maybe they will be better.  Lots of thoughts and prayers towards my students' outside of class work ethic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment