be a little crazy...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So as I observed classes today, I began to realize, that all teachers are a tad bit crazy.  In fact, I think on the application to be a teacher, they should write, "Are you crazy? (Check one) [ ]yes  [ ]no".  The reason being if you aren't a little bit crazy, you will lose the class and then it would be absolute chaos.  As much of a contradictory statement that is to make, I simply mean, teachers have to be willing to go out of their normal comfort zone in order to grab the attention and participation of their students.  For example, one of our mentor teachers sang elementary Spanish songs in the class today and had the students repeat them.  Although the kids acted like they were embarrassed, you could tell that they enjoyed the class more than just a straight lecture.

So, although it may be a little out of character to do something within the class, if it is a little crazy, DO IT!  The activity will more than likely help reel the kiddos back into the lesson!

0 comments:

Post a Comment