So all the buzz at inservice so far has been about the new teacher evaluation system that is being implemented this year. Because as student teachers we have not ever been evaluated, we can't really be too upset about a new system. Frankly, we just don't know any different.
However, it has been interesting to be apart of the training for this new system for many reasons. First because we are able to see what legitimate concerns veteran teachers have with a new evaluation model. Second, because we will be in the know when our time comes, and third because we are getting to see all the work that goes into the process.
I gained so much more respect today for those brave souls that have volunteered/applied to be "lead teachers" or TAP evaluators. We did an exercise where we scripted a teacher's lesson then evaluated the teacher. First off, scripting everything in a 60 minute (much less a 90 minute) lesson plan was miserable for those of us who have the attention span of a squirrel. To top it off, it's so tough to put aside personal teaching strategies and theories when judging another teacher's lesson!
Therefore, today I learned to tip my hats to you, evaluators. More power to you; I don't think I could do that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment