whoever said this was easy?

Friday, August 12, 2011

In a teacher education class last Spring, we watched a Colbert Report episode about the educational changes in our country.  He showed a clip of one of our nation's lovely politicians stating something along the lines of he did not understand why teachers were causing such a fuss that their jobs were a walk in the park.  In fact, he made the point that teachers only work from 8am-3pm, get the summers off, and basically use all their free time to go shopping.  I don't know what kind of school that man's children go to, but I have never met a teacher like that!

That being said, I got up at 6:45 this morning and was at the school from 8:30am to 7pm today.  The kids aren't even here yet!  I would love to make that politician withstand 2 months of being a teacher. I doubt that he would make such ridiculous comments again!

Although the exhaustion is inevitable, it is worth it.  I have loved getting to learn the ends and outs of the school logistics, but cannot wait until Monday when the niños get there and the real work begins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment