shake it off

Saturday, August 20, 2011

When I'm helping girls in volleyball and they miss a serve or a pass, I tell them, "Shake it off, you'll get the next one."  Well, as I learned Friday, I am going to have to do that when my lesson plans do not work out as perfectly as I had planned.  Despite my lengthy planning, the lesson I taught over geography on Friday definitely did not go as planned.  A worksheet I made had flaws, I messed up an article for a word, and even apologized too much.  It was definitely a flop.  However, after the lesson was over, I talked with my mentor teacher who reminded me that I needn't apologize, I am the teacher and that I needed to remain confident in my teaching.  She helped me remember that no teacher has a perfect day, and even veterans are going to have a really off lesson plan that we all just have to keep at it and just make it better for the next time!  So, I'm shaking off Friday's lesson and working to make this week better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment